The American Chiropractic Association asserts that 31 million Americans acquire low-back pain at any given time in their lives. Read on for some important facts and statistics regarding lower back pain.
Lower Back Pain by the Numbers
- Low back pain happens to be the leading cause of disability in the world (that's according to the Global Burden of Disease back in 2010).
- As a result, back pain is the most common excuse people use when they miss work.
- Back pain is also the 2nd leading reason for doctor visits (beat out only by infections of the upper respiratory system).
- 50% of working Americans have back pain symptoms over the course of the year.
- Medical specialists and experts assert that nearly 80% of the population will have back problems at some point in their lifespan.
Lastly, Americans end up spending over $50 billion every year treating their back pain.
Don't Let LBP Go Untreated
Understanding what type of back pain you're experiencing is essential and your back pain should be addressed by a medical professional immediately so your condition can be diagnosed and managed appropriately.
Living with back pain won't make it disappear. Delaying an accurate diagnosis can lead to additional problems, or, at the very least aggravate problems you already have. You also run the risk of creating long-term damage, or even permanent damage beyond the pain that will certainly influence your day to day activities.
What Do I Do If I Have LBP and Need a Chiropractor Near me?
Contact Barton Chiropractic Clinic today. We offer homeopathic remedies and services that work without resorting to surgery. We're committed to getting you back up and active again. Call (708) 922-1400 to schedule your one-on-one consultation today.