The best things you can do for inflammation
Inflammation seems to be one of the 21st century's worst enemies. Since the health community started paying attention to it, it has become implicated in an entire spectrum of conditions. If you are interested in maintaining your highest standard of living, it is important to keep inflammation to a minimum. There are no surprises here, but these factors always bear repeating:
- Diet: if you do nothing else for your inflammation, diet is the one thing you should focus on. So many common ingredients in the American diet are implicated in inflammation. We simply need to change the kinds of fats we eat and incorporate more fruits and vegetables. No argument here.
- Exercise: maintaining a healthy weight is essential for keeping down the inflammation. People who exercise regularly are less likely to suffer from chronic inflammation. It also lubricates your joints and keeps your muscles conditioned.
- Hydration: simply drinking your daily ration of water helps in so many ways. Water is essential for every biological function and it keeps your organs, muscles, bones and joints operating at maximum capacity.
- Rest: your immune system needs to hit the reset and recharge button.
- Stop smoking: smoking has been found to increase the amount of inflammatory markers in the blood.
Chiropractic adjustments have also been shown to reduce inflammatory markers in the blood. As part of a holistic health lifestyle, chiropractic and certain lifestyle adjustments can make all the difference in your fight against inflammation. If you need help turning the tide against inflammation, give our office a call to schedule an appointment today.